Over the years the lack of flexibility workouts causes a significant loss of flexibility . For this reason, we must strive to maintain our agile body, something that we will achieve a series of exercises to work flexibility at home or in the gym.
The exercises do not have a high level of demand and allow us to maintain the elasticity necessary to have a good quality of life and improve our performance. In fact, flexibility is defined as the ability of the muscles to stretch when moving a joint, maintaining the specific characteristics for each. Such flexibility depends on factors such as sex, age or the time we have been training, and their loss can cause great difficulty in executing certain body movements.
Exercises to work flexibility
With a simple program of exercises to work the flexibility of the muscles we can reach the desired toning state. To do this, we proceed to explain how to work flexibility in any sport with this series of exercises.
- Exercise to work the lower back. We have to lie on our backs and lift one leg up to a right angle. Then we bend our knee and bring her gently to the chest, holding her with our arms to exert more pressure. Hold the position for 20-30 seconds and repeat the exercise with both legs.
- Exercise to work the legs and thighs. We sat a chair with our back straight and our feet together on the floor. We rest our arms on both sides of the chair, we inhale, and slowly lift one leg up parallel to the floor as we exhale. Hold this position for two seconds then lower your leg until you return to the starting position. Repeat the exercise with the other leg.
- Flexibility workouts for the neck. We move the head slowly from one side to another, and then, from front to back. It is very important not to make sudden turns to avoid injury. We can perform this movement several times a day.
- Exercise to work the shoulders and chest. We stand and drop our arms. We raise the arms slowly until forming a cross and we move them of circular form slowly and in both directions.
- Exercise to improve lumbar. We stand in front of the wall, with one foot in front of the other. We rest both hands against the wall, letting the whole body weight fall on them. We will notice tension in the back of the leg that we have left behind. Repeat the exercise with the other leg.
- Exercise to work the back and hip. We lean one arm on the wall and bend the opposite leg, grasping the foot with one hand and pushing gently. Repeat the process with the other leg.
To get good results we must perform these exercises for 20-30 seconds and a minimum of twice a week. It is preferable to perform without weight and with slow movements , taking advantage of the moments in which the muscles are more relaxed.
Key benefits of flexibility workouts
Did you know that having more flexibility in your muscles can bring you a lot of benefits? ¿ Why is it important to work flexibility in running or other sports? You will gain flexibility as long as you are willing to do so, because by relaxing the body you also relax the mind. Let’s see some benefits of being flexible are:
- Reduced risk of muscle or joint injuries
- Increased sports performance
- Improvement of motor coordination
- Prevent postural problems
- Helps mental relaxation, reducing stress
- Contributes to bone healing in case of fractures
- Improves blood circulation
- Reduce menstrual cramps in women